Thursday, February 20, 2014

My First Ever Real Post and First Ever Challenge Entry

Hey, Everyone.....

One of the reasons I wanted to get this blog up this month was to enter the Glitz Designs Monthly Challenge for the Pink, Neutral, Silver, Gold theme.  This is pretty scary because I have never photographed anything for posting on the internet before.  Also, I have never entered a challenge before.  But I need to get my feet wet sometime, right?

So here is the card I am entering:




The rules stated that you needed to use at least 50% Glitz product on the card, which I did.   The pink panels are from the Glitz Love You Madly 6 X 6 Paper Pad and the neutral and silver panel is from the Glitz Sunshine in My Soul 6 X 6 Paper Pad.  Both of these were part of a lovely prize I won from Glitz.  THANK YOU, Glitz!! 

This card measures 4-1/2" x 5-1/4".  I wanted to make this a shabby chic kind of card so I pulled out my doilies and my pretty papers.  Instead of only inking the edges of the panels, I decided to gild the edges by rubbing them against my glue pad (after distressing them) and coating the edges with gold embossing powder.  After zapping them with my heat gun, I distressed them a bit more and then inked the edges with a Distress Ink Pad in Walnut Stain color.  Next I mounted the panels on an ivory piece of cardstock from my stash.  

I had been itching to use these amazing glass flowers I had picked up in a thrift store and thought this would be the place.  I calculated how long I wanted my doily cone to be and cut about an inch off an edge of a 4" round ivory doily (thank you, Corrie!!) and rolled it up.  I attached the free edge to the main body with Glue Dots and then gilded the side that would show by the same method as I used for the panels. 

Next I chose the glass flowers I wanted and cut their stems to length.  I put a Glue Dot inside the cone to secure the flowers initially and then arranged my leaves made from some strips of lovely ribbon that I won from May Arts.  THANK YOU, May Arts!!  I secured everything inside the cone with Tombow Mono Multi-purpose Liquid Glue, which I bought because it is so highly recommended by many crafters!  It really is good.  I use it when I need a liquid glue that will really hold.  Then I adhered my cone of flowers to the card front with more Glue Dots.

I don't know if you can see my flowers and leaves any better in this angled shot.  But you can enlarge the images by clicking on them and then right click then click again on "View Image".....at least that works for me on my computer.  I hope you can see the details on these because I am just crazy about these flowers!




I finished off the card with a shimmery gold bow of Offray metallic gold 1/4" ribbon, which I buy at Wal-Mart.  I am really happy with how this card turned out.  Hope you like it, too.  

Please leave comments and/or questions below.  That way I will know I am not talking only to myself!!!  

Thanks for visiting!

<3
Janis


10 comments:

  1. Wow J, this is Such an Awesomely Beautiful Super Impressive, Talented Creative Card you have made :- ) !!! I have had the Greatest Precious Pleasure of seeing first hand by receiving your Outstanding Creative cards :- )!! This one is by far the best ever I have seen of your creations-way to go Jay!! I am rather speechless it is so Amazingly Lovely every detail, creative way you designed it is so impressively talented!!!

    I Love too how you described all the details how you created this beauty, what you used, Thanking where fitting to!! Extremely well written, informative, instructional like and fun, (much better than I can say anything here)!

    For a very first blog Post with photos too you did an outstanding creative job here too :- )!!!! Your pictures do show very well, including even the finer details of your Gorgeous Creative Card Challenge (which it must have been one to make even talented you) That shows in so many wonderful ways!!! I do love the glass flowers on this, a perfect added touch to such a Highly Impressive Lovely Card!!!

    Thank You for sharing this with me !! I must say yet again, Wow J, way to go :- ) Outstanding and More both the Blog post and the Card!!!

    Wishing You All the Best in this challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my sweet Jay friend! I always know I can count on you to be super-encouraging!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
    2. Only telling the full truth to you my Sweetie Jay Friend, with what words would come to me and trying not to be too wordy-you Astoundingly Amazed-Wowed me with All of this especially the card, what a Beautiful Creative Job you have done with all of this :- ), You do not need encouraging :- ), but if it helps you Woo hoo as I got the great wow and joy of seeing all this Creative Jay... can I say you are 'our' crafty way on here? oops I did lol, we know what it truly means not the actual definition :- )
      TTYL, Sherri

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Janis - I simply adore the gilded edges!! And congrats on your new blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sabrina! I appreciate you visiting my blog!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. love the gold edging and the coordinating ribbon - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by and for your nice comment!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. We are so happy that you have decided to start sharing your creativity with the crafting world, & that you joined us in the Glitz Design project challenge this month!! Love all the gold that you've added to your project...and great job photographing for the first time!! You did great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
    2. Hello Janis, I found this post because I was checking out the other Glitz entries. You blog is looking great and well done on your first photograph of a project! I love your gold edging and I have pinned this to try out myself sometime! Good luck with the challenge, x

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis