Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Monochromatic Card in Turquoise/Aqua


"Never hold a dust buster and a cat at the same time."
                                                           --------Kyoya



Hi, Friends......

Today I am sharing with you a pretty monochromatic card.  This is for a bridal shower, but it could be for any lady occasion.
 I got to use a lot of fun toys on this one:  die cuts, new embossing folder, Prima flowers, thrift store lace ribbon, sparkly embossing powder, Zva swirl, sequin string, etc....and lots and lots of layers!!  

Here's a zoomed in photo to show you the pretty dry embossing I did on the white cardstock with my new Darice Cherry Blossom Embossing Folder.  LOVE IT!!!  

You can also see the gorgeous Gwyneth Flourish.  I won this die from Memory Box (THANKS, Memory Box!!) and it is one of my favorites!!!  I paired a couple of them up here to make a loose frame.  I love how the tendrils spring up a bit when the cut comes out of the die.....adding a touch of 3-D to my card.  (It might just be a result of this beginner's technique, though!!  Ha!) 


I have a hard time staying away from my various butterfly stamps, don't I?!  I heat embossed this pretty one with white sparkly embossing powder on vellum.  I layered two cuts together and lifted the wings a little bit on the top one.  Love the delicate look the vellum brings.

I made a band with thrift store lace ribbon over a strip of DCWV patterned paper from my stash and used a long-horded string of sequins a Secret Santa sent me years ago!  I love what the sequins add to it!! 

Please notice the sparking Zva swirl.  The rhinestone portions were originally a pale blue color, so I altered them with a teal Sharpie to coordinate better.  I think the match is pretty good! :)   The pearl strand and the leaves at the end of the rhinestones are the original colors.

I finished the card with some pretty Prima and Pink Paislee flowers.

  
Hope you enjoyed my card.  Thank you so much for all the lovely comments you leave.  They are very encouraging to me!!!  Thanks, also, to my three new followers. (happy dance!!)

Have a lovely Spring day!!

<3
Janis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Crafty Cardmakers #115 - It's a Bug's Life 
2.  Eureka Stamps Challenge #87 - Lace and Pearls
3.  Suzy Bees Bloomin' Challenge #26 - Wings 
4.  Fairytale Stamper Challenge #37 - Bingo (Lace, Die, Flowers) Anything Goes
5.  Addicted to Stamps Challenge #81 - Things with Wings
6.  Fashionable Stamping Challenge #71 - Flying Things 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Design, Thank you for joining us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin challenge blog,it is much appreciated, I hope you will join us again next week for another fab challenge....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge Blog
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! Love the layered butterfly. Thank you for joining us at Suzy Bee's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vellum butterfly looks absolutely gorgeous on your equally delicious card.

    Thank you for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  4. so eine schöne karte, alles vorhanden, was das bingo vorgibt.
    danke für deine beteiligung bei den fairytale stampers..
    glg meggi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for entering your lovely card into my challenge at CCM&M.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card!
    I like this double layered, embossed butterfly and all the beautiful detailes you added to your card!

    Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Stampers, good luck :-)

    xx Karola xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card love the vellum butterfly. Thanks for sharing at CCM&M Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty - love the delicate butterfly!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful. I love the butterfly.
    Thanks for joining us at fairytale stampers.
    hugs
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card so pretty, and I love the butterfly. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Lace & Pearls Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal Eureka DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! Beautiful and Creative card!! Stunning Details and layers of Details.. FAB Creative and Beautiful Colors.. I love it!!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol :o)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis