Thursday, June 12, 2014

Whooo's the best Dad?

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel.  True, and they have many other fine qualities as well."
                                                                            ------------Missy Dizick

Ready for a post about how to make a lovely card that will not photograph well?  If the answer is "yes"...read on, Lizzy....

Hi, Friends.....

I am here with yet another MFP Challenge.  This one is their current Tutorial Time on Speedy TV - Cling Wrap Background.  This looked like such a fun challenge that I just had to try it out.  But, woe is me with trying to get my camera to capture the true colors!  

What I love about the Tutorial challenges is the fabulous...yes...tutorial that is included with each challenge.  Super interesting and fun to try.  I tried and tried but totally could not get a card to come together for last week's pillow top tutorial challenge, so I really wanted to try this week's.

On a side note.......am I the only one that Father's Day sneaked up on????  I forgot that June 1st was a Sunday and so I thought I still had another week!!!  I am so lame!   

Anyway, when I discovered Father's Day was this Sunday, I knew I would need to scramble and get a card ready to mail tomorrow with some goodies I have for my dear Dad.  So, I hunted around for my glossy cardstock for this challenge and, naturally, could not find it.  :&  I had to go to town, anyway, so I bought a small pack down there for an astronomical price......but at least I had it, and at least our small town drug store will stay in business for another day.  Ha!



So here's my card.  I teamed up an owl from my stash with stamps from Lawn Fawn's Into the Woods and added a Happy Father's Day sentiment. 

I'm very disappointed that my cling wrap background doesn't look green and blue, as it is in real life.  I tried backdrop after backdrop and still my camera insisted the technique background was gray and blue. :&  The background of the stamped panels is a shimmery medium green, but I guess the shimmer made it too reflective for my camera. and it is brighter than it should be.  :& :&


OH, WELL!!  I AM POSTING THIS CARD, ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!  :)

You might as well get used to the fact that a lot of my cards are going to be a little weird.  This was an experiment and I had a great time playing with my ink refills to get a guy-ish kind of background for Dad.  I wore gloves, but I still got inky.  :)  

So, yes, I am posting this card as much out of sheer determination as anything, but the only challenge that will get to see it are my friends at MFP Speedy TV.  I feel like I can show even my not-ready-for-primetime cards to them, especially on the tutorials.  Thanks, MFP!!!  

<3
Janis

The only challenge I am "honoring" (Ha!) with this card is:
1.  MFP Tutorial Time on Speedy TV Challenge #104 - Cling Wrap Background
And my Dad will like it, no matter what it looks like, because it came from me!  <3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. Good job Thanks for sharing at MFP.........Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lis! This was a fun challenge. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis