Thursday, October 9, 2014

World Card Making....WEEK!!!





"Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily go in one ear and out the other."  
                                                                      ----------Stephen Baker


Hi, Friends......

Did you know that the folks over at the Winnie & Walter blog are sti-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-lllllll celebrating World Card Making Day????  That's why they are calling it World Card Making Week!  They have a ton of fun challenges each with coooooooooool prizes that are still open through Saturday evening!!!  I am so delighted they are doing this because I did not have a chance to make any cards last Saturday.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand.......to add icing to the cake, there is also a chance at their Grand Prize of a $50 W&W Gift Voucher if you enter at least 3 of the 7 challenges with a different card for each.  You do not have to use any of their products, although it would be wonderful if you do.  

That's still not all........If you don't have a chance to enter the challenges, you can still enter their comment contest by commenting on each of their WCMD posts!!  How cool is that????

One of the challenges is a super-easy one:  A WCMD Craftie!!!   All you have to do is take a shot of your craft room or table with a WCMD craft in progress, or perhaps one of you and/or your crafty pals working together, or something similar for WCMD.  This counts as one of the three challenges for the Grand Prize contest!!!

So here's my craftie:

 
I am in the middle of heat embossing the living daylights (whatever those are!!) out of a piece of cardstock for what I hope will be an entry in the Pattern Play with Shay challenge.  :) 

This beleaguered piece of white cardstock has had a bunch of techniques exacted upon it......and I love it more and more with everything I do to it!  It started out as one of my reject backgrounds in this MFP challenge.  I put distress inks on my Darice Henna embossing folder and put it through the Big Shot.  I loved the colored and textured pattern, but it lacked something.  So this week I decided to begin adding rusty bronze and copper metallic embossing powders to it......over and over.....till I saw that lovely metallic sheen that makes my eyes glitter and gleam.  @@

Here's a shot of my background after I got all the heat embossing done:

 My camera is not capturing all the gleam in this, but I hope this angled shot gives you a little idea of how shiny it is:  

Now I just need to make a card from it!!!!!  :)

Thanks for stopping by today.  And many, many thanks to Walter & Winnie for keeping their challenges open all week!!!!  I hope some of my readers will be inspired to join in, too!!!  Tell them Her Peaceful Garden sent you.  :)

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this craftie in the following challenge:
1. Winnie & Walter WCMD Craftie Challenge

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Janis! I've never considered doing anything like this before and it looks fabulous! I especially like the molten look of the EP going into the debossed areas as well as the embossed areas! Thanks for the great photos! I'm pinning this technique so hopefully I'll remember to do it sometime (just like your sentiment at the top insinuates LOL) hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna,
      Thanks for mentioning that molten look. That's one of my favorite parts of this, too. I just got a bunch of new e.p. and won some from WOW! also, so I think I'll be doing this technique frequently since I love it so much!!! Thank you for your nice comment!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. I also had never thought to heat emboss on a dry embossed background but so glad that you were the brave one who ventured out on her own!! There is everything to love about this background...the embossed design is one of my favorites and then when you add copper and bronze anything to a project, I'm in!!! Can't wait to see your finished design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have heat gun, will emboss! :)
      Thanks for your lovely words.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis