Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Layered Embossing 3 - Purple Floral Birthday


"In the middle of a world that has always been a bit mad, the cat walks with confidence."
                                                                         --------------Roseanne Anderson                                                           

Hi, Friends......

I have been super-inspired this week by the "Layered Embossing" Challenge over at MFP Speedy Fox and Friends.   I love this new-to-me technique of layering on the die cuts, etc before dry embossing.  This time I tried it using some scraps.  I was inspired by this card made by my friend, Karen Ladd, which used vertical strips of scraps for the background.  I always have tons of 1 inch strips in my scrap box because of all the simple notecard sets I make and (occasionally) sell locally.  (If you know me in real life, you doubtlessly have received many of these sets as gifts! Ha.)   

What I love most about this technique is that by dry embossing the items onto the background, you get such a cohesive and finished look to things. I just love this!!!


I have been working with my DCWV - The Solstice Stack a lot lately.  I inked the white edges of some pretty purple scraps from it with Distress Ink - Dusty Concord.  Then I glued and embossed them on to my background, using my Darice Interlocking Circles embossing folder.

TIP:  The embossing folder "tore" the purple cardstock in a few places, making the inner white core show through on the ridges.  But I did an easy touch up with my waterbrush and a bit of coordinating Distress Ink painted onto the white parts.  All fixed.  :)

Next I added some die cuts from my Inspired by Stamping - Fancy Labels 3 dies.  I selected this die set as a prize from IBS and I LOVE it so much!!  (THANKS, Joanna!)  I used a Happy Birthday stamp from the MFP - What a Fox stamp set and stamped it with Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet.  

A cluster of Prima flowers and a bow finished everything up.  Do you like it?  I LOVE it!!  

Hope your day is going well.  We are all still trying to get completely over the bugs that caught us.....but we'll get there eventually.....maybe by summer!  Ha.  

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge #244 - Layered Embossing
2. Vandicrafts Artistry Challenge Jan 2015 - Anything Goes
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use Something New
4. Inspired by Stamping Customer Gallery Contest - January 2015
5. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Snippets Playground Week 159 

26 comments:

  1. Very pretty card; love the gorgeous colors. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Blog Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie!! I love purple, but don't use it often in my cards for some reason. I need to more often!! :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Such striking color Wonderful job on this challenge , thank for sharing at Speedy Fox and Friends MFP>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lis!! As you can see, I have been having way too much fun with this technique!! hehehe.... Thanks for your sweet comment.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. How lovely to see you back in the Playground Janis - and with such a vibrant and beautiful card! Great use of snippets :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Di!! When I saw this technique, I knew it would be perfect for snippets!!! So much fun, too!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. One of my favourite colour ranges....a very pretty card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Barbara! I appreciate your visit!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. Another beautiful creation! The purples and pink are just beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! Hope you join us again soon! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mynn!! Your kind comments are very encouraging!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. Lovely choice of colors! Thanks for joining us this week at MFP Blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane!! I appreciate your nice words!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Have a lovely week!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. A very pretty card. Love the color. You did a great job on embossing the layers. Thank you for joining us for the Speedy Fox challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This technique is one I am going to be using often!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  9. Like the layout and the embossing on your cards. Those are the perfect little flowers.
    Thanks for joining us this week at the MFP/SFF layered embossing challenge.
    kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com
    MFP/DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kren!! I love picking out flowers for my cards. Thanks for mentioning them!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  10. gorgeous, luv all the awesome layers! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Teresa. It means a lot to me for you to take the time on your rounds to leave such a nice comment!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  11. Ah, purple--my favorite color! Congrats on choosing the die set for your prize. Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at IBS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa!! I just adore that set of dies. Thank you for your sweet words!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  12. Oh my, this is much more beautiful than anything I've come up with so far using the paper strips. Embossing the strips adds so much to the final design! The purple is so rich and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are tooooo sweet, Karen. Your cards are an amazing source of inspiration to me!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  13. Very nice job Janis! Love the purples :) Thank you for sharing on January 2015 Artistry Challenge. Winner of January's goodie bag will be announced on February 15, 2015.
    Melissa - Vandicrafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melissa!!! Purple is a favorite of mine, too!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis