Friday, February 12, 2016

Beachy Gelato Tag




Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a tag I made for the Mark's Finest Papers January Blog Hop Tutorial Challenge.  There were two tutorials to choose from:  Finger Painting Book Mark and Water Background.  I hope to squeak in with another project for the other tutorial, but my first one follows the Finger Painting instructions using Gelatos.  I don't really do bookmarks, though, so I made a tag instead.    


I was glad to have an excuse to use my poor neglected Gelatos.  I loved playing with them!  First I scribbled them in place, and then moistened my fingertip with water and blended them. I masked off the sky/sea boundary with washi. My image and sentiment are from Mark's Finest Papers - Silly Shells stamp set. I colored my boat and mast with watercolor pencils so the Gelato background wouldn't show....as much. :) 

This is the first time I have tried doing a reflection in the ocean with Gelatos.  I am not dissatisfied with my first attempt, but I do see things I could do differently.  All in all, though, I like the tag.

I'd like to make special mention of the pretty crinkle ribbon. It's from Diana Larson and is the Pink Hue Tail from The Mermaids Tail - First Edition collection. Yummy. (Thanks, Diana!!!) Little Peach was fascinated that this ribbon was the color of a mermaid's tail!! :)

Okay....I am making this super-short so I can get it posted and linked up. Thank you for stopping by!! See you soon.

<3
Janis

7 comments:

  1. Wow is this beautiful! No idea what Gelatos are, besides a dessert that I love to eat, but the reflection and boat image look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous tag! Arent' gelatos fun? I love mine! The colors on your tag are so pretty and I love the ribbon you used with it! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART February Linky Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After seeing this beautiful tag I may actually break down and BUY some Gelatos! I think your first attempt at the ocean reflection is absolutely perfect and I can't imagine what you would do differently. The water-colored boat, the coral ribbon, and simple sentiment all combine for a scene that almost makes me smell the sand and ocean. High five to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag, love the colours you've used.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag! Thanks for sharing with Let's Play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janis, this is so peaceful and beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us in the DRS Designs challenge! I really like it. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. super scene you created here - wonderful colours! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges this month and good luck. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis