Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Floral Kitty Gazing out Window Shaker



Hi, Friends......

I have a new addiction: die cutting scraps into wavy strips for making landscapes, seascapes, snowscapes, or just funky backgrounds.  Fun fun fun!!!  I've been using my new Pink & Main Scallop Waves die set and am having a total ball with it!!  (THANKS, Pink & Main!!!)

And, friends, did you know that Pink & Main sponsors their own challenge blog with wonderful prizes of gift codes to their store?  You don't have to use their products to enter, but you get an extra advantage of being eligible for their top prize if you do.  The current challenge is a fun one:  shaker cards.  :) 

I want to give an extra special shout-out to Pink & Main because they let you use their gift codes to cover shipping, too!  So you aren't stuck with additional shipping charges or minimum orders when you win from them.  I keep a list of companies with free shipping for prizes, reasonable shipping, etc.  Pink & Main is on my list of the best possible challenge blogs.  Way to go and thank you so much, Pink & Main!!

So here's my shaker card with a wavy landscape using my Pink & Main Scallop Waves die set.




I also want to give a shout-out to Ike's - Show us Your Pussies Cat Lovers' Challenge Blog.  Entry numbers are a little low this month because of vacations and such, but you still have until Aug.1 to enter.  The theme this month is Floral Kitties.


I have to admit that the Floral Kitties theme was more difficult for me than I expected.  I discovered that I don't usually put flowers on my kitty cards.  Weird.  I put flowers on everything else!!!  lol...  Also, I really wanted to make a floral patterned cat, not just add flowers.....although either is acceptable for the challenge.  

I've had this green paper with white embossed flowers sitting in my reject pile for a long time.  Once upon a time I was tryyyyyyy-ing to make a tag, but no go.   So I decided to cut it all up into green flowered kitties and cat toys.  I have quite a little stack of these cute little shapes now, so I imagine they will pop up every so often!  :)

I put all kinds of shaker things in my card....beads, sequins, glitter, stars, etc. and I kind of like how the contents hang up a little bit on my wavy landscape.  The bugle beads in the mix are supposed to remind you of green grass.


Other supplies used include:
My Favorite Things - Spring Borders (apparently discontinued)
My Favorite Things - Blueprints 7 die set
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Darice - Flowers and Vines Pattern embossing folder
X-Cut - A5 Mixed Cats die set
Versamark Ink
WOW! Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White Regular
Prima and Petaloo flowers

Well, that's all for now.  I hope you enjoyed my card.  It was fun to make....esp since I got to use up scraps AND that green embossed piece!!!  :)

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your wonderful comments!!  I hope you are having a nice mid-week.

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pink & Main Challenge #11 - Shaker Cards
2. SUYP Challenge #8 - Floral Kitties
3. Wow! Embossing Powder July Challenge - Favorite Embossing Technique (heat embossing, of course!)


3 comments:

  1. Super cool - what a fabulous way to make the landscape and I adore your floral kitties :-) A shaker card too - I am so impressed :-)
    Thank you for purring along to SUYP Cats Challenges.

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janis, your card is really adorable. Love the floral kitties! Why is it always so exciting to use up our scraps??? LOL I get giddy when I do! haha Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice card!
    cute cat!
    have a nice day
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis