Sunday, July 17, 2016

Hey, It's our 35th!!!



Hi, Friends.....

Yes....it's our 35th!!!  No......not our 35th grandkid.....or even our 35th cat (that was a looooooong time ago!!)  My hubby and I are celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary today!  Yay!!  I made this card for him.  Of course, it had to have cats on it.  :)

This little kitty scene is supposed to show one kitty (hubby) offering a mouse to the other kitty (me).  Hubby kitty is looking on with a hopeful expression fervently desiring that wifey will appreciate the gift.  She is examining it.  The red confetti hearts show the gift is accepted.  <3  <3  <3  Amazingly, when I gave him this card, my hubby understood exactly what the message of this scene was.....except he thought he was the one still looking at the mouse and I hadn't leaned over yet to examine it.  I told him....no, the fat kitty is me!  lol...

In designing this card, I was delighted to use this nifty layered embossed background I made from scraps of black, white and gray papers. I realized some time ago that I was tossing a lot of narrow strips of patterned papers and so I started saving them and making these backgrounds....by gluing the strips onto cardstock and trimming it to size. This one is dry embossed using my Darice - Interlocking Circles folder.


Other supplies used in this card include:
X-Cut - A5 Mixed Cats Die Set
Lil' Inker - Rainbows and Clouds Sentiment stamp set
Versafine Ink - Onyx Black
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set

I think I probably should have die cut the cats and mouse additionally in black and layered them for a shadow effect so they would show up better, but in real life they look more distinct than in the photo.  Live and learn!  :)

Hope you enjoyed seeing my card.  Thanks for stopping by and for all your sweet comments!!!  

Here's to many more happy years together with you, Jim!!!  I love you!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper July Challenge - Use Patterned Paper
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Flora and Fauna
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make a Scene
4. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #238 - Use Snippets
5. DL.Art July Linky Challenge - AG
6. The Artistic Stamper July Creative Challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful
7. Crop Stop Linky Party #18 - AG Using product CS carries (I used a Darice embossing folder)
8. ColorSnap July Color Challenge


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful story to go with the special card you made for your husband for your 35th wedding anniversary. I love the background made of scraps. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge. Katie-DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Wedding Anniversary Janis! Such a wonderful use of scraps and love this cute creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Love your card with the adorable kitty die cuts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect Anniversary card Janis! Congratulations to both of you. Love how you used the snippet strips for your background too 😁

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC !!! Such a brilliant card. An excellent way to use up the bits and of course, I LUV the kitties.
    Your explanation made me giggle - at least he got the message even if he did see himself as the wrong kitty LoL

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh crikey !!! Forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS....... sorry :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card - Happy Anniversary to you both

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card! Hubbie and I have 4 feline furbabies and we both get this card! Adorable and funny! Very Sweet! Congratulations on the big 35! We just celebrated our 9th last week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaw, another cute kitty card! I love this, Janis! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card Janis (and I am sure you aren't fat!) LOL
    Happy Anniversary J&J! (My husband and I have the same initials too, T&T! We just celebrated our 37th in April.) Have a WONDERFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary !
    very nice card
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. A big congrats!! Sweet card! I must learn to DO something like this with my scraps rather than just saving them. 😄
    Happy anniversary! Wishing you many, many more!!!💏

    ReplyDelete
  13. A big congrats!! Sweet card! I must learn to DO something like this with my scraps rather than just saving them. 😄
    Happy anniversary! Wishing you many, many more!!!💏

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary and here's to another 35 years! Your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card, love that you've used scraps for your background works a treat.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, I love a card with a detailed story behind it, especially when it involves two cats and a mouse! I can understand why Jim thought he was the cat looking at the mouse because he, being the recipient of this card, would be the one receiving and examining the mousey gift. However, I have to say that I somehow knew the kitty who was leaning over was you...and that you were just making sure the mouse was freshly caught and not something "the cat dragged in"...ha! As for that background, I do love the black and white paper strips and embossing. Black, white and red is one of my favorite color combos...so this one is a favorite! Congrats on your 35 years...and here's to another 35!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 35th Anniversary!! Here's to 35 more years together! I love your beautiful card! The cats are adorable and that paper behind them is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART July Linky Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute story behind your creation. Happy anniversary. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge. Happy crafting! Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! perfect for our theme. Thank you for joining in with The Artistic Stamper creative Challenge

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis