Monday, December 26, 2016

Don't Put the Christmas Supplies Away Yet!!!

Couldn't decide on a cat pic to post, so I pulled this cute one out of my files.  Awwwww......
Hi, Friends.....

Am I the only one that keeps Christmas cards I have received on display for months, sometimes longer when it is a special one from one of you?  If you are like me, though, you can't stand to just put last year's Christmas cards in a box, never to be unearthed again....or worse, to throw them any of them away!! Horrors!  Right after Christmas is the time when I like to remake some of the lovely commercially-made cards I have saved from several years back.  Oftentimes, they require but little embellishment to give them new life. 


CARD #1:  I do the same thing with adorable pet promotional cards my vet hubby receives in the mail....turning them into cute and festive cards for me to send out. Here's one of them:


I have several die sets that I turn to for these remade cards. Here I used some retired Clearly Besotted dies for the modern tree and tinsel garland. The foam snowflakes (yes, I still have a few of these that have 7 points!!! Wha-aaaat?) are from the dollar store and the little sentiment sticker is from Echo Park.

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. SUYP - December Cats Only Challenge #13 - Krimbo Cats
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Party Time! (Anytime you have a kitty near a Christmas tree, it is party time! Eeek!!) 

3. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #195 - Anything Goes


CARD #2: Another easy idea for a card to make for next year makes use of some of those large prints found in 12 x 12 paper stacks. Being a cardmaker, I often pass by those in favor of the smaller prints and end up with a lot of these leftover. Since I really want to use them up and be done with the last bits of some of these ancient stacks, I dress them up a bit with die cuts and stickers. Here's one I made earlier this season:



I covered the card base with the large town scene and put some glitter glue here and there. Die cuts include the same retired ones from Clearly Besotted and also from my Spellbinders - Holiday Tags die set. Some snowflake stickers from Echo Park finished up this simple but fun card.

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Work-it-Wednesday - Use a Die Cut
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make it Sparkle
3. DL.Art December Linky Challenge - Anything Goes


Hope you liked these quick cards. They aren't fabulous or outstanding in their technique or design, but they still have that handmade touch that adds warmth and depth. And....it makes use of something that might otherwise get discarded. Have a wonderful in-between week. Hope you are crafting during this lull with some brand-new supplies!!

<3
Janis

4 comments:

  1. hello janis! super cute card, luv the glittery accents! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cards and a fabbo idea :-) hank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh! That die cut tree is fabulous, and just the embellishment to dress up those prints and card bases! What a great way to use up the large images on 12x12 stacks too. I had to chuckle at those 7 pointed snowflakes, which might possibly be pro-creating inside the dollar store packaging when you have your back turned. I have some really pretty mini calendar prints that I am loathe to toss and may have to use your creative idea and whip up some cards as well. That mama kitty with her little baby is so peaceful and adorable that it took my blood pressure down at least 10 points!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis