Friday, March 31, 2017

Guest Designer at 12 Kits of Occasions - 3-2-1 Blast Off!!



Hi, Friends.......

I feel very honored and excited today to be a Guest Designer over at the 12 Kits of Occasions blog. If you are unfamiliar with this great group of crafty creatives, they are 12 gals that take turns each month assembling a wonderful card kit around a theme for each of the rest of the group. Everyone makes cards with the goodies in the kit and posts the things they made at the end of the month. 


Sometimes they make up an extra kit (or two!) and award that to a random commenter. I was one of the lucky ones for the March kit and the lovely Jeanne Jachna sent me a kit with this fabulous theme: Out of this World. SO MUCH FUN!!!


This kit was filled with all sorts of star and solar system patterned papers, out of this world sentiments, stamped images and die cuts of astronauts, planets and stars, rockets (and even some aliens!), and fun embellishments. The contents list was included with the kit and I think I tracked down the right links to what I used on this card: Taylored Expressions - Sky High Rocket die set, Poppystamps - Stitched Cloudline die set, Papertrey Ink - Boy Basics: Out of this World stamp set, and American Crafts - Starshine by Shimelle paper.

I chose this super-fun rocket to put together for a simple birthday card for my little grand-nephew who is turning 4 soon. I have it blasting off through the die cut clouds on the way to wherever this little guy wants to go! The sky's the limit!!! I went with a tall format to give a sense of altitude and stayed away from too many embellishments for this young boy's card. Instead, I accented the stars and cloud edges with my Wink of Stella pen for some added shimmer without being too girly. (It's hard to see in the photo.)

Hope you enjoyed my card! Thank you to Jeanne for this wonderful kit and to all the gals at 12 Kits for allowing me to Guest Design this month. Thank you for stopping by today and for your kind comments!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Double D Challenges: Things that Fly
2. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Things with Wings (I hope the rocket fins count as wings!)
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
4. Cardz TV Designer's Challenge #6 - Anything Goes

5. Simon Says Stamp National Crafting Month Challenge - Anything Goes 

22 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Janis! Congratulations on being the winner of this fun kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card Janis - love your soft color background and especially how you designed it all on a long narrow card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Janis, love the length being emphasized... like a rocket taking off! Just perfect! So glad you enjoyed Jeanne's kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks s just fantastic! I love that you went long format. I forget to do that, and I spent almost a whole day searching for envelopes to do just that! 😳

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win Jan. It sounds a really fun idea. You've made a lovely card from the kit. It sounds as if you have plenty left to make more super cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aah! Love it! And I especially love that you used the stars paper behind the clouds...I wanted to save that one for something special and now I have an idea of how I want to use it...great card Janis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW how lucky you are to have your name drawn! And what great fun this card is! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Things that Fly’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card! I love that you made it long and tall to give that rocket ship more space for lift off! You captured the action! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card, its fun to see what everyone comes up with for the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome ! I love the tall rocket card you made! How fun to win a kit from Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to our 12 kits group...so excited to see that you won a kit! Your card is so wonderful, will be cas'ing you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Janis on being chosen as guest designer and on winning the kit! (I don't know how I missed this post, I guess I am slipping in my old age! LOL)
    Your card is fantastic, my two young grandsons (3 & 5 y/o) both say 3-2-1 blast off, ALL THE TIME! LOL SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable for your little grandnephew! I love that you made it a tall card because that rocket has a long way to go. I just saw the kit on Birgit's blog and am amazed at all the many different yet cohesive parts in it. What a fun thing to do! Thanks for sharing with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janis, this is fabulous! He is going to love it. Such a fabulous idea to make an elongated cards. I am super excited that I have all the leftovers to CASE it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janis I love the shape of your card and I bet your grand-nephew is going to love it. What 4 year old boy wouldn't! So fun to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This will be perfect for your grandnephew! Love the shape, it's is a great design for the rocket. We were so happy to have you as part of the group this month.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahah that cat image is so funny!
    your card is so adorable!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super fun card, love your rocket !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So nice to have you joining us this month Janis! Your card is adorable. I haven't done a tall card in a long time. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card Janis :-) I love the rocket, super fun, and I am sure your grand nephew will love it! :-)

    Congratulations! It must be your lucky time and I suggest that you buy a lottery ticket as things do come in 3's! ;-) You have won the $50 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree with Lols! Go buy that ticket! Congrats on your SSS Wednesday Challenge win ma'am! You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card, Janis! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz TV!
    Hugs & blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis