Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Summer Coffee Lovers Hop with Winnie & Walter

We lost our sweet Andale this last week.  She was our round little pumpkin kitty who showed up pregnant and hunting mice in our chicken house years ago.  She soon learned the advantages of buddying up with our Growl-Dog for protection and warmth, snuggling with her in the cozy Dogloo on cold nights.  Being a cat, sometimes she irascibly guarded the entrance of "her" dog house and wouldn't let Growler get inside....enforcing the squatter's right of possession with her claws.  We'd hear poor Growler whining for us to come out and safely remedy the situation!  

We don't know exactly how old Andale was, but we estimate around 13 years.  She was a pretty little muffin cat with all those lovely swirls of tortoiseshell colors....one of our favorites.  The above photo was a typical pose for her:  dozing amidst the dried grass and rocks near our driveway.  <3 <3 <3  We miss you, sweet Andale. 


Hi, Friends....


I have been totally missing in action on my blog here.  I haven't had the energy to make very many cards and the ones I have made I haven't had the energy to blog!!  Ackkk!!

My life and schedule has been totally crazy.  I thought summer was supposed to be relaxed!!!  In addition to all my regular activities and responsibilities, the month of June is always super-busy for me because we have VBS once a week.  I am one of the co-teachers for the Bible lesson and so getting the room set up for the week's story and prepping is a challenge for this old grandma!  I LOVE teaching the kiddos, but it will be a relief to have it all finished this week and done for the summer.  :)

Yay!!  I managed to make a brightly colored coffee card to put in the Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.  I did not get it linked up in time for tonight's Flash Prize drawing because of some craziness between my camera and computer (not to mention operator error!!  lol...).  There are millions of other prizes, though, so I am not completely missing out.  Hope you are playing along, too!!!



Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - LS Exclusives: So Tweet with Evelin T Designs stamp set
Winnie & Walter - LS Exclusives:  So Tweet with Evelin T Designs die set  
Winnie & Walter - Sketchy Thoughts stamp set
Winnie & Walter - Sketchy Thoughts die set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials:  Audrey Cutaways die set
Verve Stamps - Love From Me digital stamp set (I am lucky to have snagged this as a freebie, because now it is sadly discontinued.)
Spectrum Noir markers
Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry
Versafine Ink - Black Onyx
Washi from my stash
Scraps of DCWV paper
The VERY LAST of a roll of hot pink ribbon I've had since my nearly-30 yr old daughter was a little girl!!!!  (You may save your applause for the comment section.  :) )
Hope you like my wildly bright card.  I am hoping to have the energy to blog a few of my other cards this month.  We'll see.....  Thank you so much for stopping by.  

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Summer 2017 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop
2. Winnie & Walter June Color Combo Challenge

 












3. CARDZ-TV Mailbox Smiles Challenge #4 - Anything Goes
4. CARDZ-TV Card Crazy Crafters Challenge #4 - Anything Goes
5. Bizzy Becs June Challenge - Anything Goes

18 comments:

  1. Fun card! The colors are bright and cheerful and I adore the cute little bird. So sorry to read about the loss of your kitty. Each fur baby leaves a big imprint on our hearts. Hugs from Oklahoma, ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a bright and sweet card!
    So sorry to hear about your loss...sending hugs. And I hope the week goes by quick so you can enjoy your summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sorry to hear of your loss. I have a busy time in June too and sadly neglect my Blog.
    Sending hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I are both missing our sweet kitties this week, but this bright card put a smile on my face. That bird is hilarious and the colors are perfect for the W&W color challenge! The more that I look at your card, the more it looks like this birdie is riding the waves, balanced on the edge of his surfin' go-cup!! Hang ten big guy...or however many toes birds have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in my thoughts, too, as we both have lost sweet kitties. Their pawprints will always be in our hearts, though.

      Hey...I didn't even think of the chevron washi on my card looking like waves!! Hehehehe....that's cute. You always see things in my cards that I didn't even notice myself. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. Sorry about the loss of Andale. Pets get so intertwined in our lives. A cheery card none the less

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a bright and cheerful card. Sorry for your loss, our fur babies have such a special place in our hearts and memories. Thank you for sharing with us at Bizzy Becs for our Anything Goes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss! Great card design and very summery colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about your sweet kitty!
    Love your pretty card; love the bright colors!
    (((HUGS!)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card...love those bright and beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun with the bright colors. So sorry about your cat--she reminds me of a sweet tortoise shell cat we had many years ago. Summer has been crazy here too. Our VBS is in two weeks. I also had trouble uploading my photo today. We are having work done on our house too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute design and I love the bright summer colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was wondering where you were & hoping all was well in your world. Good to see you! And your very bright card (as is the inspiration!) and that cute birdie.
    (*So sorry about Andale!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your bright color choices.
    Sorry to hear about Andale��

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sorry for Andale.
    sending you lots of hugs!
    your card is so brightful and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh! So bright and pretty and tropical! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a very pretty card!! Love the bright colors!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz TV!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda.
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! LOVE the bright take on the color challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with this month's Color Challenge at Winnie and Walter!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis