Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Faith Scripture with a Little Bird - W&W Color Combo Challenge




Hi, Friends......

I am here with the first of several cards I made for the Winnie
W&W Color Combo Inspiration
&Walter June Color Combo Challenge.You can see the bright and happy inspiration colors in this photo. >>>>>>
 

W&W is one of my favorite stamp companies, so I'm very happy to see lots of entries this month. There are still 2 or 3 days left, so join in if you haven't yet!!

I always enjoy seeing what I can find in my UFO (unfinished objects) and scrap stash that will fit with color challenges, so that is exactly what I did for this series of cards. I have a ton (prob literally!!!) of patterned paper and lots of scraps.....an unending supply in every imaginable color combo. The real challenge is deciding which scraps to use!! :)

For this card, I used a background I had made ages ago by inking and misting an embossing folder and then closing it snugly over a piece of white cardstock. It acts as a stamp that way, leaving the surface smooth instead of embossed. I also went a little crazy with Nuvo drops. (I guess I don't know when to stop! lol... At least these came out in rounds, instead of like yellow chocolate chips! :)  )


Supplies used include:
Verve - Scripture Medley 2 stamp set
Versafine Ink - Deep Lagoon, Smokey Gray
Winnie & Walter - LS Exclusives: So Tweet with Evelin T Designs die set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - LS Exclusives: So Tweet with Evelin T Designs stamp set
Darice - Flowers and Vines Pattern embossing folder
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Tonic Studios - Nuvo Drops
Distress Inks
DCWV scraps
Ribbon from stash
Thank you so much for stopping by! I will be posting a few more cards tomorrow.

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter June Color Combo with Heather H
2. Crafty Hazelnut's July Patterned Paper Challenge
3. The Ribbon Girl July Challenge - Card plus Ribbon
4. Dare2BArtzy July Challenge - Bright Colors
5. Southern Girls Challenge #163 - Ribbon or Twine
6. CardzTV Mailbox Smiles #5 - AG

5 comments:

  1. Love the cute bird and the background is fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I just love that chubby little bird! The soft pastels you used are beautiful and your coloring is just lovely. Yay for you with the Nuvo drops! They look perfect, and really add a cute, playful touch to your design. Every time I see Nuvo drops, they remind me of those teeny button candies that I remember from my childhood. They were the ones that you ate off of a strip of paper...and always got a bit of paper in your mouth in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the background! Thanks so much for playing along again with this month's Color Challenge at Winnie and Walter!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun background! Thanks for entering the D2BA Challenge! -Tasha :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis